CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Greatful for hidden blessings

Our Memorial Day went ok I guess. It was nice to see Don and Ashley this weekend. Monday we went to the movies with them. After that is when things went down hill. haha Next we went to Lowes to get a refund on a detail fee from Millwork that we had. When Ben got in there, the Millwork guy said sure and the manager said, heck no. So Ben argued a bit until the manager physically got in his face...we you guys know how testosterone goes from there. haha. Needless to say the manager threatens Ben with calling "The Law" (yes he did say that) in which turn Ben lifts his shirt from over his gun and badge and says, sir, I am the law... Yeah we did not get our refund. HA.
So we go to get something to eat and get on with our day...when our ABS light indicator comes on in the car...yes our new car. SO I read up on it in the manual and it's not bad unless another light is lit. If the other brake light is lit, then you have lost normal breaking function...well...we were so lucky as to have both lights lit. So fortunately (insert God's hidden blessing here) we were a mile from the dealership. So we drove it over there...carefully... and dropped it off at service (since it was a holiday and no one was there). Yeah Ben's mood did not improve with this event. But we are just grateful that God blessed us enough for the car to break down where it did instead of today on the interstate on Monteagle Mtn. on the way to Chattanooga for Ben's schooling. Hidding blessing... :)

Today was a much better day. We spoke with the dealership and for some freak unknown reason, our ABS modular went out and the car will be ready tomorrow..yay. So mom and I went to GA today to pick up her puppy, Snowball. We drove all the way to Macon with a fairly smooth ride. We beat the breeder there so mom wanted to open the dog toys. I try to get them open for her with her 1.5" pocket knife...Yeah leave it to me but I cut my finger really bad on the last thing to open. So now I have a gushing finger...We bandage it best we can and head home with the puppy. So when we get home I head over to the Urgent Care where dear old Dr. Dad gives me about 3-4 stitches to fix my gushing finger.
So at the end of the day, mom gets cute pup...















and I get...well...you know.