CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

My new craft project

This might be slightly inspired due to the fact that random strangers keep telling me I have the cutest little boy...Alli looks nothing like a boy. But I will admit that the blue car seat throws them off....sigh....anyway. I have been looking for some cute bows and clips to put in Alli's hair. Headbands just won't due because they mess her hair up something terrible! So after finding a few different ones and deciding I refuse to pay $5 for a set of two or three clips...I've decided they are easy enough that I'm making them myself...I rather spend the money to make them so that I can make more than just a couple.

Mom found some ribbons for me on sale at Walmart the other day and it got me started. Then today at Target I find the motherload of cheap ribbon. It was just what I needed...a lot of variety but not too much ribbon of the same pattern. They are 18 in rolls. Target was selling each tube of ribbon for $1. So I got 6 of them because of the color variations. So now look at all the ribbon I have for $6!!So today I went searching online for some Alligator and snap clips to be able to glue the ribbon on to. I found a great site that had large quantities at cheap prices. So for $15 I was able to get 25 small (1 3/8") alligator clips, 12 slightly larger ( 1 3/4") alligator clips, and 25 snap clips. So for $20 I'm going to be able to make over 60 different clips. I'm so excited!

3 comments:

Shannon Hairr

I'll pay for any leftover bows. :)

Smith1230

I was going to make some for Alaina anyway ;) I've got too much ribbon to not make some clippies for all the little girls I know! If I have a lot left over then I may get adventurous and try to actually learn how to make a bow and not just a clip.

Linda Love

Those are really cute ribbons. Bows would be pretty, too, but I can't make them unless they are a regular bow like you tie in shoelaces. I guess you could do that and attach it to a clip. You could even use two coordinating ribbons at a time, maybe, and tie them into a bow.