We currently have my "craft table" upstairs in the master because its the largest room in the house with extra space. But it was also having to serve the purpose of printer holder/office stuff. This made it NOT functional as a craft space. But we got rid of our previous desk to open our living room...and SO thankful we did! So I figured....Once we sell the sofa and chair from the front room (that we never sit in) then it would be a perfect spot for the roll top desk I've always wanted! This would keep all the office clutter hidden which would make me happy seeing as it would be in the front room. After researching some desks on craigslist, I quickly came to realize these desks are HUGE! So I had to alter the layout of where I wanted the desk to go since there are two walkways that come off the front room. The desk couldn't block either
I found a gem of a desk on craigslist for $200. These desks easily go for $800-1500 brand new. We offered $150 and the desk is well worth it! It is such a great addition and will be so functional for us. (Especially as Ben starts working towards his bachelors this coming month! EEK) ....so due to the size of the desk we've moved the sofa out into the garage...I intend to sell that beast within the next week or two if it kills me! We also moved one of the smallest book cases upstairs into the spare bedroom. Then on the large wall of the front room we have the desk with a bookcase on each side. The short wall that faces the front door has the largest book case and we will eventually put a parson chair there.
Isn't it pretty??!?? The best part is the sell of the couch and chair will more than pay for the desk! Yay!
3 comments:
Nice job! I have found that Craigslist is AWESOME! I have never bought anything off of it...*YET*, but have sold a TON of stuff. :)
Thanks Ash! We are excited with how it looks. We bought paint yesterday and we will be painting this room soon and putting chair railing and crown molding up. I can't wait to show off the before and afters!!
It looks great. It was a good idea of how to use an awkward room with space that was being wasted.
Post a Comment