For the last 4-5 nights we've done our normal routine which usually put Alli in the mindset of bedtime and even though she might not want to go to bed, she was ok with it. Now this routine means nothing. As soon as Alli knows we're getting her ready for bed, the waterworks begin. Alli becomes extremely emotional and wants nothing to do with it. As soon as we say goodnight and shut the door, Alli gets out of bed and tries to come downstairs. We played this game the first night but the second night we had to lock her in her room to get her to realize bedtime is bedtime. She gets mad for about 5 minutes but then settles in and goes to bed. I don't like locking her in. So that second night I went back and unlocked her door after she went to sleep. Well this only resulted in Alli coming into my room in the middle of the night thinking it was time to get up. I had to snuggle with her for a minute and then get her back to bed. My sleep is broken enough as it is pregnant that I can't handle it. So we've had to leave it locked all night. Between the battle at bedtime and Alli's broken sleep, we've had an abnormally cranky toddler to deal with. Today was by far the worst. Alli whined all day long and I knew it was a result of no sleep so I couldn't be mad at her. It was so nice and refreshing to see her smile and laugh when she played in her tent. It made me smile and be thankful for such a wonderful little girl. She is a blessing and no matter how cranky she or I can get going through this stage, I'm trying to remember this and handle this stage with patience.
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment