CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

24...

One more year older tomorrow. I can't believe how quickly time is passing. Things are going well for us in Smyrna. Ben loves his job and is greatful everyday to be here. We are still high off his passing his Firefighter II, and we just found out that they have posted openings for the driver position. This would be another pay raise. There are some requirements with years of experience, but Ben was told by one of his co-workers that volunteer experience counts. So Ben is going to apply tomorrow for the driver's position. Then Friday Ben takes his paramedic test. We have prayed so hard for him to pass this exam! I'm SO PROUD of Ben. He has studied so much for the exam this time around. He has been taking numerous practice exams in all areas that he will be tested and he has been making 70s, 80s and 90s. He feels confident this time and I know he will do great! Everything is falling in place wonderfully and God is blessing us once again! Once Ben gets his paramedic he will find a second job and we are going to hit our debt hard...time to pay this stuff off. Now if we can only get that dern second house to sell....anyone want a house in Winchester??? oh well.

We traded our truck in yesterday for a VW passat. I know I know...why did we do it...gas prices are horrible and in less than one year we have put 20k miles on my car. We had to do something to even out the miles and me driving the truck to winchester was just not economical. We had the truck appraised and found out we were not going to get as much out of it as KBB said and it would only get worse the longer we held onto it. So we found one dealership that gave us much more than we expected and we took the opportunity to get out from under the truck. We'll miss the truck though...I know Ben will especially. oh well.

Ben's sister Ashley is coming to stay with us march 1. She has a karate turnament in Smyrna. We will finally get to have guests and not be the guests. So Ben is looking forward to that.

I'm in my 3rd week at St. Thomas full time and I'm loving it. It is nice to finally have some consistent hours. My co-workers are wonderful and we have a blast. I never knew how much fun you can have working. I just signed up for our benefits and life is good. :)

0 comments: