CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Do the shuffle...

I returned to St. Thomas this past monday after a month of no work. It was nice to get back into the groove of things and see where the shift morale stood. We are trying to stay positive on my shift. One of my coworkers is loosing her husband very soon to cancer and another coworker is having some spinal surgery done to repair a nerve that is keeping him from having functionality in his left arm and shoulder. My coming onto the shift is also causing some friction. Everyone on my shift likes me (thank goodness!) but I found out that the way they brought me in was a little underhanded. Somehow they found out about me getting offered a full time slot with Smyrna. That is why I got the email from Paul offering me the full time slot again. It seems as though my shift supervisor was fighting for me a bit. (Thanks James!). So as soon as they found out that I would take the full time slot, they moved Mike off of my shift and moved him to the back end of the week. The underhanded part was that they did not ask Mike if he wanted to move; they told him he had to move. Now, they had good reasoning in doing this. The back end of the week has 4 catty women to 2 guys. One of those guys just moved to day shift so they wanted to put another guy on that shift to balance out all that estrogen! Now...if Mike found this out he would probably make a fuss about how unfair and sexist this is...blah blah blah...but its true...that shift needs some men to keep the women from all fighting with each other. My shift is happy about the move because Mike got on their nerves. The main person who won't like it is Michael who is out right now having surgery. Mike and Michael have been pals for about 30 years...So I'm sure when he comes back from sick leave and finds out what has happened, he will be none too happy...I will just try to stay out of the line of fire.

0 comments: