CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Following the Spirit = Blessings

***Beware long explanation for a brief understanding in the workings of the Spirit***

When I heard that Smyrna had a job opening a few months ago, I didn't think a whole lot of it. I figured I would send my resume out just for the heck of it. When they called me in for an interview, I only wanted to consider them on a PRN basis. I had my PRN at St. Thomas/Baptist and my semi fulltime job with Winchester. So I didn't want more than PRN with Smyrna. I took the interview very casually. I didn't care if I got it or not. They were very interested in hiring me on a full time status which, like I said, was more than I wanted. They enticed me by telling me that they had an end of the year bonus and that they could potentially put me on a day shift in the near future. The one thing I didn't like was that they wanted me to work an occasional Saturday while they were building out two extra beds in the lab. Once they went to a 6 bed lab they would take the Saturday shift away. I accepted the job and scheduled a day for training. I went to the training and immediately felt a pit in my stomach. I had a feeling I was not going to like it there but I couldn't pin point why. Ben and I had numerous conversations following the training about whether I would continue on with the training. He would ask me what it was about Smyrna that made me hesitant...each time...I could not give him a good answer...just knew it was not what I had expected.

Then Paul emails me and offers me the full time position, even after I told him a few months ago that I would not be pursuing a full time job with them. I had the impression that this was a good deal and I should take it. It was a good shift and good pay. This gave me what I wanted, so I accepted the job and decided to go no further with Smyrna.

Then yesterday, I found out WHY I had been so heavily prompted in my feelings about Smyrna. My co-worker, Ashlie, works with a girl named Shelly in Columbia. Shelly was also hired on at Smyrna. When I turned Smyrna down, they offered my full time slot to Shelly. Shelly accepted. She was talking to Ashlie last night and I asked what her shift was going to be in Smyrna. Shelly told me that she is working the Friday, Saturday, Sunday shift. I was shocked. When I accepted that job, I told them how important my Sunday mornings were. I made it very clear that I could be flexible but that I wanted to make Saturday nights a rare night for me. Little did I know that this is the shift they were going to put me on. This would have potentially kept me from being able to go to church for months as I worked that shift until they were done with construction.

The Lord truly blessed us in once again placing the opportunity for me to go full time with St. Thomas (even after I had turned the opportunity down). Second chances are such a blessing. I'm so grateful that I listened to the spirit. Now I will have a job which will allow me to go to church, work full time hours, and have my weekend to enjoy, or the later part of the week to work another part time job. Who knows, maybe when St. Thomas puts a lab in Murfreesboro I will be able to pursue the option of going to days again. I'm sure the Lord will provide. :)

0 comments: