First and foremost I think pregnancy is making me lose my mind. Ben tells me I can't blame this on pregnancy...but I think I can. Today, Easter Sunday of all days, I didn't make it to church...why?? Last night I set my alarm to get up at 10am. I normally sleep as long as I can on Sundays because I have to work that night. Well...church is from 11am-2pm. I normally set my alarm for 9am. I still have no idea where I got confused and set my alarm for 10am instead of 9. Anyway, Ben left for work this morning and I didn't get up until 10am. I piddled around and was ready to go at 11:30. Ben texted me and asked where I was sitting at church. I said, no where yet. So he called me as I was sitting in the driveway ready to go. He asked me why I wasn't at church yet. I said, "well it's only 11:30." To which Ben replies, "Yeah...doesn't church start at 11?" umm...yeah it does...no CLUE what I was thinking. So I completely missed sacrament meeting..oops. Instead I stayed home and watched some of conference that I missed. By the way...a little surprised mom and Shannon neither one texted me to find out where I was.??.
Last night Ben and I sat down to watch Twilight. He saw it at work with the guys and wanted me to see it. After watching the movie...I now know why it was such a crazy fascination for people. I can only imagine how good the books are after seeing the movie because books are always better than the movie. Now I'm trying to hurry through my most recent Patricia Cornwell novel so I can start the Twilight series....so...I've officially been sucked into the Twilight craze.
Ben has worked two 24hr shifts with the Ambulance service over the last week. We aren't sure why it has picked up all the sudden but we are grateful nonetheless. We aren't sure how often he will get called in to work so he is trying to work as often as they call him. He usually works in Murfreesboro but Friday he got to pick whether he wanted to work in LaVergne, Smyrna or Murfreesboro. Knowing that he and I hadn't seen each other very much, he decided Smyrna because he would be closer to home for me to visit. The one time he isn't in Murfreesboro, is the one time he wished he had been. When all the madness started after the tornado hit, dispatch forgot Ben's truck was still in Smyrna and they sent all surrounding trucks to Murfreesboro except his. This left Ben and his partner in Smyrna having to sit by and listen to everyone be swamped with calls and he not be able to lend a hand to help. He felt so helpless.
Well I'm almost 26 weeks along. This pregnancy is really flying by. I looked in my closet the other day and realized I still haven't had Alli's dress made for blessing day. I need to get on that before it comes down to the wire. We're still working on getting everything lined up for what will or will not happen once July is here. My job status is still somewhat uncertain. We know what we feel we need to do and all we can do is rely on faith that God will provide a way for it all to work out. That is part of the reason we are really grateful for the extra work Ben has been provided as of late. It will all work out...I'm sure of it! It now looks as though I won't be keeping Caitlin after school. I'm hoping that it all works out as Shannon hopes and she will be able to pick up her baby girl from school her self and have that special time in the afternoons!
Well that's all for now. I hope everyone has a great week.
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment