Most of the time I will do the cooking at our house. Ben isn't without talents in this by any means but I'm the one that thinks more about food. :) Well occasionally when I'm in between shifts, I ask Ben to cook something so that I can focus on getting ready for work. Today Ben took me very seriously. He looked through the cook books and decided to try something new! I woke up to find 3 books marked in a couple places. None...and I mean NONE of them looked appealing to me. I told him that he is always trusting of my meals when I branch out so he should cook what he wants to branch out on and we'll give it a shot. He decided to make Mediterranean Chicken from the Kraft Foods - Food and Family magazine. It was an interesting combination of flavors and nothing I would normally branch towards but man was it good! Ben hit it out of the park on this one. Here is the recipe if anyone wants to try it out. Also it was super easy to make. My favorite quote from Ben... "I love cooking with spices because it actually makes me feel like I'm cooking something." haha nice.
Prep Time:
5 min
Total Time:
20 min
Makes:
4 servings
What You Need
2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup sliced stuffed green olives (we substituted with black olives - dont like green)
Make It
COOK rice as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add chicken and onions; sprinkle with oregano. Cook chicken 3 min. on each side or until chicken is lightly browned on both sides and onions are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes, dressing and garlic; stir gently. Continue to cook 4 to 6 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165ºF), turning chicken after 3 min. Stir in olives.
SPOON rice onto serving platter; top with the chicken and sauce.
7 years ago
2 comments:
Like father like son...dinner can get pretty ...interesting!!!
hahah true Marilyn :)
Post a Comment