CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Needing a vacation from life

The past two days off with Ben were a whirlwind. We went to the Temple Thursday night which was wonderful. It had been a while since we had been. I just haven't had much energy and things kept coming up when we had planned to go. Anyway, Friday was supposed to be our leisure day...didn't happen. We took Ben's truck in to get the oil changed, tires rotated and we wanted them to listen to a noise that it had been making. We have been setting aside some money for the purpose of fixing whatever the noise may be...well now that I know what the noise was...I wish I didn't. The noise is coming from the rear differential of the truck. They told us that the clutch pads(? clutch something...don't remember...) were going out soon. If they go out while we are driving the truck then it will do major damage to the entire rear differential. So this means we have to fix the truck ASAP. We had been debating getting an extended warranty for his truck but were trying to pay a couple other things off first. Now it looks like we really need to make this a priority. We wish this could be covered under the warranty but we would run the risk of the truck not making it that long so we are probably going to go ahead and get it fixed and get the warranty was well so that nothing else big surprises us down the road. This little repair alone is going to run us near $1000. YIKES! But we also know that his power steering is going to need repair soon...probably 3-5 months or so...give or take. So we figure the warranty will be a good thing. Ben and I may soon learn what it means to live off ramen noodles and peanut butter. haha.

We have worked so hard and paid off so much debt but every time we make headway...something else happens. I'm definitely having to rely on a lot of faith right now that everything will work out once I have to come off working. Marilyn has so graciously offered to Ben to come watch Alli roughly once a week if I need so that I can continue to work once a week if the sleep lab needs me PRN. This will help me continue to bring in some income and keep my skills up...not to mention give Marilyn some grandmother time with Alli. I'm sure things will turn around soon at the Ambulance service but I wish it would turn around now so that we could use the next 4.5 months to knock out debt and be more at peace when Alli joins us. Oh well...I am not going to fret. The Lord has always helped us and we are trying to live faithfully so that we are deserving of those blessings.

I do look forward to not working as much. Caitlin will be starting school this fall and I have already spoke with Shannon about helping her out if she needs me. Caitlin will get out of school well before Shannon or Rusty get home from work. Kara and I both have offered to be of assistance if needed. I love getting to see Caitlin and I know she is looking forward to meeting Alli. She will be such a big helper to her little cousin. So I look forward to those afternoons with her.

Well Ben and I have decided that it is time to try to get rid of our cats. I love them very much and hate to see them go but we feel it is for the best. I am in the process of trying to find a good home from them. I want them to stay together since they are sisters. Nala is much more skiddish than Sarabi and I think she would cope better with Sarabi there. Nala has not been happy since Mitzi joined us. She only comes out of hiding when the dogs are outside. She longs for attention and immediately jumps in my lap for love. We want them to be in a home where they can get that attention. We just give so much of our time to the dogs and not them...not to mention we are a little worried of how they will do with Alli. Ben also thinks that getting rid of them may help my sinus and allergy problems. We will see. So if any of you know of anyone wanting (2) - 3yr old cats who are very very sweet...let me know. We just had there vaccinations repeated so they are up to date.

Final note...I think I'm finally feeling Alli kick some. It's a weird feeling but I think I've felt it nonetheless. I was sitting here earlier at the computer and felt 5-10 little bubble like kick feelings. Its hard to describe really... OK well another thing to tell you is that we have another decoration ready for Alli's room. Ben had a great idea right after we found out it was a girl. He wanted to take one of his old helmets and take pictures of Alli in it. Well it has exploded into something else. Now Alli has her very own pink helmet.

Ben, as a surprise to me, took it to a graphics shop and had them paint it baby pink. On the side it says "Daddy's girl" with his EMS star of life.
On the front is her full name "Alli Love Smith"
And then on the back is her nickname. A co-worker of mine came up with this name right after we told her it was a girl. Ben and I both liked it and it has kinda stuck. Alli "GATOR" Smith.
I also recently bought these letters to hang above her changer/dresser. I can't decide whether to just paint another coat of white on them...or to paint each letter a different color to match the 4 colors I used to polka dot her lamp. What do you guys think?

3 comments:

The Haddock's

Oh My Gosh, so much going on. Hopefully everything will work through. Like ya said, just keep the faith. I can't believe you are finally doing the cat deed. (that is if ya go through with it this time). Love love love the helmet. And I definately think you should paint the letters the different colors.

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi

Wow! Life is hetic and you two are living proof! Things will work out, keep the Faith up like you're doing :-)...p.s. The pink helemet is SUPER cute!! How neat! She will really be Daddy's little girl for sure!

Linda Love

I love the helmet. It is so cute. I think painting the letters to match the dots would be perfect.