December has flown by and I never once thought about taking Alli to see Santa. I guess it wasn't something that I felt like we "had" to let Alli experience. I got a text message from Shannon yesterday asking me if I'd taken Alli and if we hadn't, would we want to go with them. I thought, ya know....why not. I wasn't sure what Alli would think of a strange man all dressed up in red with a large beard. haha. So we planned to go and I thought we'd give it a shot and if she wasn't down with it then we would at least be there to keep Shannon and the girls company.
Alli missed her nap today because she fell asleep on me in the car on the way home from visiting Ben at work. I thought she'd transfer from the car into the crib without a problem but it woke her up completely and that was it. So I told Shannon what was up and we decided to give it a shot. We were excited to find the line wasn't that long when we got there....the line was deceiving though because we stood there for at least an hour. Alli made friends with a little boy named Keagan behind us and shared snacks with miss Alaina. Alli was so tired by the time we actually made it to Santa that I thought it would be a bust. Shannon went first with the girls. Caitlin told Santa what she wanted for Christmas and when she was finished, Shannon put Alaina on Santa's lap....Alaina took one look at Santa and started crying...poor thing..I don't blame her. haha. I thought Alli would be the exact same way. Santa's helper had already won Alli over by asking her for a high five. She then took Alli and sat her with Santa...
To my COMPLETE astonishment, Alli didn't cry. She was completely ok with sitting with this unknown man. I was so surprised. Now....although she was ok with Santa...she wan't real big on smiling for a good photo. They took three pictures and none of them were cute. It was as if Alli was just pacifying us. hah! I didn't even think Alli would sit on Santa's lap so I didn't bring my camera. Shannon had hers but said the lighting was terrible so she just bought their photo for her girls. So...although Alli sat on his lap...at the price of $15 for ONE photo...I did NOT purchase a picture of the event. I didn't feel it was a practical use of my $15. So sorry Alli...I'm sure you don't mind missing out on the photo :)
Oh well...at least it will go in your journal as an experience. The next few days are going to be very busy. Tomorrow we get to spend the whole day with the Smith family we Britt, Jay and Michael are in from Idaho and Don, Ashley and Carter will soon be leaving for Arizona. Then Christmas Eve and Christmas morning is with the Love clan! I can't wait for all the family being in town. I don't think the holidays mean anything to me if I can't be with all my family. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment