I really enjoy baking and trying new things. I have found that I don't do it as often as I would like. I see a lot of other people trying new things and then this spurs me on to start baking some more. I follow a few coupon blogs very religiously and the
lady that hosts one of them does a lot of homemade baking. This is the same lady I posted about earlier when I made the freezer breakfast burritos. Anyway, she uses a lot of whole wheat flour. This is perfect for me because it gives me a way to experiment with using our wheat. I absolutely LOVE the
attachment for my kitchen aid mixer that grinds grain. It keeps me from having to buy a grinder. I ground up some whole wheat flour the other day and tried these
whole wheat chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.

They were heavy on the butter but I felt the oats, whole wheat and protein from the peanut butter made up for it. :) Every one of us liked it. If I can sneak in whole wheat and oats by giving Alli a cookie then by golly I'm giving that girl a cookie. hah.
Tonight I had some nearly over ripe bananas and decided to make a
whole wheat banana bread recipe. She adds chocolate chips (she's addicted to chocolate) but I left that out. I'm anxious to see how it tastes compared to my banana bread made with white flour. The recipe was completely different with ingredients I've never put in banana bread before so we'll see how it turns out!
Next I plan on trying out a
whole wheat pancake (another one can be found
here) recipe which is also great for making up a large batch and freezing for a quick breakfast for my little one!
**UPDATE** Oh my goodness, I just pulled these bad boys out of the oven and I am PLEASANTLY surprised. The new recipe had a sweetness to it unlike my other banana bread recipe and all the whole wheat did was add a little grit to the texture! Ben and I both really like it! A++ for the whole wheat!
0 comments:
Post a Comment