What!? It's July already! Well, Ben had his interview on Tuesday. He said it was really quick! He had heard that the other shifts had 30 minute interviews but his only lasted maybe 5 minutes. Not sure whether that means they already have someone in mind and are going through the motions or they just had a lot of guys to get through that day and were in a hurry. Who knows, honestly. Ben is ok with it however it turns out. He would LOVE to be promoted and get to go through more training...but even if they don't pick him, he will continue on pursuing his bachelors. He lacks 13 classes.
Alli's birthday is in 2 weeks. OH MY GOODNESS....I have a 2 year old. She is a lot of fun and her communication is improving each and every day leaps and bounds. We're still working on some things...like "F" sounds. Phone, Fan, Fry.....to her they are Pone, Pan and Pie. HAH Today she said phone and it actually sounded like phone...awesome! We are excited about her birthday party. It will be a small intimate group of kids and the Jumpers Playhouse and she just loves it there so I know she will have fun!
Ben and I had a very busy work schedule in June and July is shaping up the very same way. I'm so thankful to parents and aunts who are so willing and able to watch Alli to make it possible for me to work on days that Ben is working too. Alli loves being with family and we love being able to leave the house knowing the person Alli is with loves her like their own!
Alli has recently become incredibly obsessed with movies...but especially The Incredibles. No lie, she wants to watch it all day long....I love the movie but if I watch it that much I might go crazy. I'm trying to introduce her to other disney movies but she will say "NO" and go run and get the Incredibles movie jacket. She did sit and watch the most recent Shrek movie at Nana's the other day...so she might like my Shrek movies. We'll see. I don't necessarily want her "glued" to the tv watching shows and movies but she doesn't like to play independently with her toys, so if I need to get some cooking done or some work on the computer, then the movie is a good outlet for distraction and entertainment.
We hope everyone is enjoying their summer. We would enjoy it a lot more if it wasn't so hot. Oh well, such is life in Tennessee.
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment