CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 21, 2011

Boy vs. Girl

Well first I will start with the ultrasound pictures. There were only a couple good ones so here they are.
Face and hand....although hard to see when he was buried away from the ultrasound.
Face
And...the money shot.
I'm not sure how to express my feelings on us having a boy other than I was a little surprised. I'm not sure why. I've had an inkling that this baby was going to be a boy just because of some of the differences with this pregnancy. We are happy either way and it will be nice to have a boy and a girl. As I mentioned this pregnancy has had some differences. I think for my own personal record, I'll post the comparison.

Alli:
  • Sick 4-6 weeks (24/7 nausea)
  • Gained 17 lbs total
  • Normal appetite except when I was sick
  • No noticeable food cravings other than milk...couldn't get enough milk
  • Allergies weren't bad and didn't get bad sinus headaches
Baby Boy
  • Sick 1.5 weeks (wasn't 24/7 nausea but just an occasional feeling)
  • I'm 19 weeks and already gained 11 lbs
  • Hungry all the flipping time!!!
  • Craving meat a lot - especially burgers...
  • Allergies are HORRIBLE and have terrible sinus/migraine headaches that last 2-3 days. All I can take is tylenol and that just doesn't cut it.
The pregnancies also share some similarities:
  • Both babies were stubborn and buried so deep during the 19 week ultrasound that I have had to return for a second ultrasound for further review. Alli stayed low the entire pregnancy. Not sure if this one will too
  • Constant fatigue. They say you lose energy during 1st and 3rd trimester but the 2nd you should feel great...yeah...NOT SO MUCH! I think my Achilles heel is my allergy/sinus problem. I can't be on my normal allergy medicine while pregnant and what I can take just isn't strong enough. The end of summer and fall has killed me in regards to the dry dust and wind blowing around whatever is blooming.
Anyway, so there's the scoop. We are contemplating the name Gabrial. Normally this name is seen spelled Gabriel but in our family history the ancestors name was spelled with an A...so who knows. Anyway we haven't figured out a middle name that works with Gabrial yet. Also, I've determined the middle name cannot start with an A. We don't need our child having the initials "GAS". So there ya go. :)

2 comments:

Mangum Life

YAY! Congrats you guys on the news of having a little boy (they are tons of fun) plus it'll be cool to have one of each :-) ... good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy

Dana Scarbrough

Congrats! I so thought this one was a girl cause it was different than the first time- bit nope! Just a different boy. :) Noah? GNS? I also think Eli? Good luck!