CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santa's Little Helper

I hope Shannon doesn't mind me posting this but I had so much fun helping her make this that I wanted to share with my extended family. Shannon wanted to make this adorable playhouse for her girls for Christmas and I helped her sew it. I hate the idea of cutting all this out but maybe one of these will be in the future for our kids...It will have to wait though. I have too many things I need to sew first before the baby gets here and I want some time to think of things to go on the play house that would be interesting for both a girl and a boy.
Doorway with mailbox that opens and closes.
Apple tree where the girls can pick the apples and put them in the basket.
Dog house with a door to crawl through...I think the dog is adorable.
And finally, the window with curtains and flowers

Once I finished it, Ben thought it looked really neat and said Alli would love one. So maybe I'll get creative in a few months after Ethan (yes we decided on the name Ethan...Ethan Gabriel Smith) is born and figure out how I want to do one of these. Hope everyone is looking forward to the upcoming holidays. I've made a few of the kids gifts, so I hope that they like them. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Shannon Hairr

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how it turned out!! I can't believe how fast you got it sewed!

I will help you cut out everything and I have a ton of felt leftover you can have!! THe cutting out really wasn't that hard. I was surprised by how quick it went!

Smith1230

Thanks Shannon. I think its a perfect idea for kids. I don't have a square table. The only table I have is my craft table so I might have to get a small folding table for it down the road. We just want to make it so it's a little more gender neutral so both kids can play with it. So I'll have to get some felt to be the primary background color. All in all...it took me 9.5 hours to sew everything but it really didn't feel that long because I did it over 4 days and it was fun to do something new.

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi

Ethan! hehe I love it! :) very cute....(p.s. you should be getting your Christmas package on Wednesday....ignore the name Gabriel I put on there than...lol) ..... and the play house turned out fantastic! Great job you two! I need to learn how to sew better...I have the machine, just need lessons!

Linda Love

Adorable!!! PS, I have a card table I don't need.

Linda Love

Adorable!!! PS, I have a card table I don't need.