December flew by...didn't it? Christmas has come and gone and I completely forgot to post the one thing that has made me the happiest this holiday season. I found out the week of Christmas that I was NOT gestationally diabetic with this pregnancy. I'm thankful that I won't have to have all the extra tests and ultrasounds. This saves us money and headache with scheduling and being stuck at the doctor for hours on end. I'm also super stoked I don't have to drink the larger fluid for the 3 hour test they would have me do if my results had been positive for diabetes! Hallelujah!
We celebrated our Christmas on Christmas Eve with Ben's parents. Then Sunday we celebrated again with our Ben's family away from home at the fire hall. The crew that he works with right now has been my favorite by far. They embody the term family. These guys look out for one another, serve one another and all try to be understanding of one another's idiosyncrasies. The shift is being moved around AGAIN come the first of the year and I'm going to truly miss Ben working with this crew. It was nice to have one last big hoorrah with the crew before it changes in January. We even found out later that day that of all the crews working on Christmas day, Ben's station was the only crew that organized a dinner and family get together. It just really shows the kind of crew these guys are. Anyway...then we went to visit and celebrate with my family. It was a wonderful weekend and Alli loved EVERYTHING everyone got for her. She got so much in fact that she can't possibly play with it all. I need to organize her room and donate some older items to make room for her new toys.
Hope the new year is bright for all!
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment