Ethan fell asleep on me last night after his feeding and I couldn't help but think...if only life could always be this peaceful. Nights without long periods of crying are rare the last few weeks so we like a happy sleeping baby! Too bad it only lasted 30 minutes before he cried for the next hour. I can't complain though, he is a sweet boy and is very content most of the rest of his day.
I've been anxiously waiting to see the pictures that Shannon took of Ethan the other day and today she finished them. They turned out so well! She has posted some on her photography blog if you want to see. My favorites are definitely of the two kids together. She did an awesome job.
Ben was curious how much Ethan weighs and weighed himself on the scale today followed by weighing while holding Ethan. It looks like Ethan is close to 12 pounds now. Holy mackerel! I know I'm going to hear it from the pediatrician but this time I'm going to stand my ground. Ethan looks good. He doesn't look like a fat baby. He is proportional and healthy. I'm not going to let my baby cry for hours on end just to keep him from overeating according to someone's numbers. So our little (or not so little) boy is 5 weeks old and weighs 12 lbs which is the size range of a 3 month old...haha nice.
7 years ago

2 comments:
Just remind the doc the size he was at birth- and stand your ground girl! If he's not spitting up, and not WAY crazy chubby, then listen to your gut and feed him! If all that fails, get a new doc! Our little 5 month old boy is almost 20 lbs! But he's even taller than he weighs percentage-wise, and he's healthy and eats a normal amount per day. You'll be ahead of the curve when you start out at 9.8! Stay strong and don't let it discourage you! Hope you get some sleep!
Thanks girl!
Post a Comment