CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 28, 2012

It's just a number and it doesn't define me

I've been a little unhappy lately knowing that I'm the heaviest I've ever been. Many people would argue that I don't look like I've gained weight and some might even argue that I've lost weight... To those of you who do, thank you. You know how to make a girl feel good.

But if I'm being honest my pants dont fit the same as they used to and the ever persistent woman pooch/muffin top is too poochy. I'm tired of seeing these rolls. I know I have the power to change it but it's been hard fighting fatigue to get up early and get motivated.

I want to look cute in clothes and this has prevented me from shopping because I don't want to buy larger sizes. I fear this will prevent me from working towards loosing the midsection. Today we went to shop on gift cards and a store I once loved is no longer a love at all. I used to wear a 10 at AE and while I could "fit" in a 12, my big butt truly belonged in a 14. I kept telling myself that it's just a number and it doesn't define me but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt the ego and motivate me more.

I was able to find some cute and flattering clothes tonight to boost my self image and self esteem but I am keeping some pants that are from AE size 10 that I LOVE. These are my motivation pants. I need to fight through the rough days of fatigue to get enough work outs in to start getting more energy and break my vicious cycle. My problem will be getting up before the kids to work out or working out while they crawl and run around me. Challenge? Yes! But challenge accepted! Bye bye pooch!

2 comments:

Shannon Hairr

You can do it!! Once you get past the first few hard weeks of making it routine, it gets easier. I've fallen off the wagon in December but will get back on starting Monday.

Dana Scarbrough

One thing I've learned in my journey is not to under-eat. Its tempting when you're trying to cut calories, but in order to have energy and have a good workout you've GOT to eat protein and adequate calories. I promise it will benefit you in the long run!