Ok, so when I came into work tonight, I was not exactly expecting what I got...
We have a mentally retarded patient in our sleep center tonight. She was actually pretty easy to work with. We bonded really quickly and got her into bed with no problems. Ashlie and I went off to work on another patient and I left my patient under the watchful eye of her caregiver while I was with another patient. While doing the other set up we heard this noise that sounded like a dog barking. I got curious and went to check it out. Around the corner came her care giver telling me "She's had a Seizure!" I'm thinking...uhh..crap I don't know what to do. So we run to her room and watch her to make sure she doesn't hurt herself (or our expensive equipment). After she ripped my setup off her face I had to reapply everything. Now I am watching the poor girl like a hawk to make sure nothing else happens.
Meanwhile Ashlie's patient is the needliest lady in the world! We had to rearrange her whole room because she claimed she can't sleep in a bed and only sleeps in recliners. Then on top of all that, she is claustrophobic and can't have her door closed so we have to be SUPER quiet to keep from waking her...
Now I'm trying to relax and get rid of my splitting headache that I've had since the night began...
7 years ago
3 comments:
I don't think needliest is a word. haha
haha I meant neediest...if that is even a word...
lol
Post a Comment