It has been an entirely long couple of days...
Saturday mom, andrew, kara and myself headed out to Helena to visit with Bryan, Lisa and Noah for his birthday. The party was nice but way too hot. We all enjoyed the visit inside. :) I got some cute pictures of Noah and the video of his birthday song.
Sunday I had sharing time in primary. I was glad to have that over with. Took too much time. Then right after church we had to rush home, pack and get up to the airport. We flew out to Houston, TX to bring back a fire truck. Storms were beating down on Houston on Sunday and our flight got delayed from 5pm to 8pm. We did not get to our hotel until very late and not to bed until midnight. Then traffic delayed our meeting with the dealer. We did not get out of Houston until 10am the following morning to begin out long 14 hr drive. By 10pm, Ben and I had just about had enough. We were too tired to even make it to Birmingham. We ended up in a hotel about 40-50 miles outside of Birmingham. We did not want the expense of another night in a hotel but it beat us being dangerous on the road, so we just got up early and drove in the next morning. I'm grateful to be home.
So here are some things we learned on our trip across the south:
Texas is nothing special, muggy, and hot
Louisiana roads are horrible
A bayou is what we would call a creek but sometimes can be a swamp.
Riding in the middle of a bench seat that has hardly been sat on and still has very good springs after 12 years can make for a very roller coaster like ride on Louisiana's bumpy roads. (Yes my head came close to hitting the roof numerous times. haha)
Mississippi has nothing new to offer...roads comparable to Louisiana.
Alabama...well...I think the nutty clerks at the gas station summed up Alabama in their behavior alone...nutty people.
Tennessee.....beautiful home sweet home...even if we are in a drought.
3 comments:
Nothing beats TN!!
You are correct. Nothing beats good ole Tennessee, not even Idaho....They do not even put Air conditioners in there houses up here. Today its supposed to get up to 95 degrees.
eek!!
Post a Comment