Ben found out the other day that the Murfreesboro Fire Dept has already hired someone for their temporary slot. Ben never got a phone call or notice. I think Ben might be giving up on Murfreesboro. Smyrna quit taking applications on July 20th. We hope to hear soon from them. Ben has also applied with the Chattanooga fire dept. They require you go through their fire academy and EMT school. Come to find out, their fire academy is the TN Fire Academy that Ben has already completed. So if Chattanooga accepts him, he already has his fire academy and EMT license so he is ahead of the game.
Ben and I have seriously thought long and hard about a move to Smyrna. Ben would not move unless a job is offered first but if we move to Smyrna, it is a more localized area for Ben to get a good fire job. He could then also apply to Franklin, Hendersonville, Nashville, etc. I do not like change nor do I like to uproot myself, but I do like the idea of moving back closer to family. I left Smyrna once, I'm not sure I could do it again. We are just praying for guidance and doors to open for the advancement of our careers. Besides that, Ben and I would give anything to get out of our ward!!! That alone is not a reason to move, but it is a sweet perk of leaving. :)
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment