CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The race is on

Well, we have six months to get ourselve moved to Smyrna. In my mind, we should've been moved yesterday...it is going to cost us so much money driving back and forth to work. We are in the process of getting everything in the home ready for showing the house. We just replaced our rotting back door. I'm working all the hours I can get at St. Thomas so that we can save save save. We are going to set aside a carpet fund to offer the the buyer for our home. I want to do some landscaping this weekend while the weather is nice. We had some shrubs that died and we need to rip them out and replace them with something alive..haha

We found a house in Smyrna that we fell in love with. Rusty checked the comps for us and they have a reasonable asking price. So once we put our home on the market, I want to make an offer on the home contingent that our home sells. :) I would be absolutely tickled if we could be in Smyrna by Christmas. Hopefully our home will sell in no time. We've done so much work to it. My goal this weekend is to declutter and haul it all to the dump!! Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Andrew

Why not offer the buyer a break on your house equivalent to what you intended your carpet fund to be?

Smith1230

yeah either way. but if they dont have the upfront cash to replace it, this allows them to replace it

solzorb

congrats and best of luck

also, saw a segment on Wired Science that though you guys might enjoy (advancements in firefighting).

http://www.pbs.org/kcet/wiredscience
/video/122-fired_up.html

Have a good one.

Shannon Hairr

Good luck!!