CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Here is a funny for the day. I called the Tennessean 1-800 # today to get mom subscribed to the free Yes paper for coupons. I told the guy that I didn't want a subscription to the Tennessean but for the Yes paper...He says, Uhm Uhm yes I can help you with that. So he asks for the number, which I give to him. Then he asks for the address...so I tell him mom's address. Then he says, "And what state is this in?"

I'm sorry....did I call the wrong number? Isn't this the Tennessean the local newspaper for TENNESSEE???

So I very politely tell him Tennessee even though I'm giving mom the look that the guy I'm speaking with is an idiot!! So he says to me, "ok so you want to start a subscription?" for which I tell, "Yes, but NOT for the Tennessean. I want the free subscription to the Yes paper." He then says, "ok...ok uhmmm how did you hear about us?" I told him "from my daughter" since I was acting as mom. And then he asks me, "did your daughter tell you anything about this paper?"

At this point I realize this guy has NO clue what it is I'm talking about. So I asked him if I had called the wrong number. He said no you called the right number because you want to get a subscription but I don't see the Yes paper listed as an option. So I told him not to worry about it and that I would call my daughter to find out how she subscribed to it...so mom and I looked up ANOTHER number to the Tennessean and finally got her set up to receive the paper....I just thought the funniest thing was the guy asking me what state we lived in. Yeah like I would live in Kentucky but I want the Tennessean....nope don't think so.