On another note....here are pictures from Alli's Halloween night. We did not take her trick or treating...she needed to go to bed. But we had her outside with us while we handed out candy.
Also, Alli's new thing is she is starting to stay awake more. She no more of this napping after being awake for only an hour. She is still going to bed between 8 and 9 and sleeping till 8am. But this week has been QUITE an adjustment to her knew schedule...which is to NOT have a schedule. She appears to be dropping one of her nap times and staying awake more like 1.5 hrs before getting sleepy. She has been only napping lately for 30 min but I think this was because I didn't understand what was going on and tried getting her to stay to her OLD schedule. Mom in training....constantly learning. This coupled with a little bit of a constipation problem Sunday and Monday makes for an unhappy 4 month old. :) We're getting there though.
So I've continued the coupon thing this week. I'm super excited about the savings. I saved $97 at Kroger (54% saved) and $67 at Publix (66% savings). Some of the items with coupons were pretty close to free. This is definitely meeting my goal of saving 50% on grocery items. So I'm proud of that. I'm also proud of mom. I guess she's been inspired to try to save some too and did a little coupon shopping at Kroger herself on senior discount day. She did really well!! Way to go mom!
Oh so...another update since last post...we thought the hospital had written off our portion of Ben's surgery bill. Not even a week later I get a bill. I went online to check it and make sure the balance was still $0. No...it wasn't...the bill was back to a balance! So I called and they told me that insurance sent an update explanation of benefits which showed patient portion still owed, so they in turn updated our bill. I'm not mad about having to pay...because we knew we owed it. I'm mad at being TOLD we had a zero balance and then they take it back and expect us to pay it. We had the money to pay it and then after being told we didn't have a balance I put it towards Pepper's surgery bills. So once we got the bill....we didn't have the money we'd had before...so incredibly frustrating. Anyway, Ben graciously put some of his birthday money towards the stupid bill and I'm happy to say that all our dumb medical bills are paid off! Hallelujah! Now to pay off Pepper's surgery.
3 comments:
Good Luck I am praying for his position. It sounds so good. Everything will work out.
We really hope he gets the position! it sounds great!
When you find the owners manual for the whole mom thing will you send it my way? Just when I think I've figured it out a little more the little stinkers I mean angels spring something new on me! :)
Good for you guys getting those medical bills payed off!! That's great! We'll be paying mine off forever! Oh well, it could be worse.
Still hoping for Ben to get the promotion. I know he deserves it, and it would help with him having to work so much.
Post a Comment