I've been trying to blog about this for a while but my pictures wouldn't load. So now that I finally have everything loaded...here we go.
I really didn't "plan" what I wanted for Ethan's room for the longest time. I really had no desire to do anything special. I realize that he won't know or remember the things we do in his room but I realized that if I was going to be in and out of this room all the time, that I wanted to walk into his room and be able to enjoy the space that we created. Before I get to the room though, here is a sneak at the canopy I made for his carrier to help keep the nosy shoppers out of his face :)

I wanted to have some elements of fire department themes in this room but I didn't want it to dominate in a cheesy way. So the colors for his room are red, blue and grey ( I just love grey and wanted it in somehow)...the wall will be a neutral cream to match the wall in the hallway. I wanted something on the wall but again, nothing cheesy. So I got letters to spell Ethan's name and modge podged scrapbook papers on top to help tie all the colors in together.

As planning progressed, I came up with a lot of DIY projects. We were given so many wonderful blankets for Alli that I decided not to buy a bedding set and let the blankets given to us be his bedding set. So a wonderful friend of the family will be making Ethan's quilt out of these fabrics we found.

I'm going to incorporate some other projects in the room out of the same prints to help tie it all together.

close ups just so you can see them better

The fire print and the grey are going to be turned into a square pillow for my rocking recliner


I'm going to take this print and make a curtain hanging from a tension rod for this bookcase. We have more books that space in our house and this bookcase has no other room that it can go into. So I thought I would hide some of it's mess by making nice curtains for it. I might tie in the blue fabric with this print as well by adding a 1-2in trim on the bottom of the curtains.

Blue print will be used to recover this lamp shade...

I will also be using this blue print to make my own crib skirt since I don't have a traditional bedding set that came with one. I don't want the springs and stuff showing and the skirt is simple enough to make so...soon...I hope to get started on all these projects this weekend and hope to have some finished pictures to show soon. I can't wait to see it all come together. We've GOT to get these walls painted...maybe saturday...maybe...
0 comments:
Post a Comment