So I have finished some of the projects for Ethan's room. Below is the newly recovered lamp shade. I found an awesome tutorial AFTER THE FACT to do a slip cover instead of the gluing I did...OH WELL! Anyway, because it's glued...and because it was my first time trying this, there is an unfinished, uneven edge on the inside of the lamp that obviously shows once the light is on. So as a result I need/want to put some kind of border on to help hide that when the light is on.

This was where I got the original idea for recovering this lamp. I loved the border but wasn't planning on doing it for Ethan's lamp. Now I'm reconsidering and thinking of using a hemmed piece of one of the other matching fabrics to create the border. What do you guys think? It has to be gathered like this in order to lay flat around the circle...is it to feminine or do you think being another cotton fabric will help masculine it up in comparison to the satin ribbon she used in the tutorial? I have 1 vote FEM 1 vote MASCULINE as it stands now...I need ideas!

I also finished the bed skirt last night. I'm really pleased with how it turned out considering all this was new to me. I added a single pleat in the center of the front panel. It's hard to tell detail here as it sits behind the crib railing but hey...still looks decent!

Chair pillow is complete as well. This took way more stuffing than I thought it would but I'm happy with it...just don't look too close. One corner stretches out further than the others :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment