CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Eeek! Excited!

Throughout the whole process of deciding what to do with Ethan's room, I kept looking back and asking myself...am I crazy for wanting to put red, blue and grey together? The red makes sense with a fire theme...the blue just because it was easy to find if you went with "patriotic" fabrics...but the grey - oh the grey - it had NO connection. I just wanted to grey because I couldn't have what I really wanted....a grey wall. Well now let me jog your memory. Below are the fabrics for the room.
I still love them. I love what all we've been able to make with them. I'm so tickled with how everything as turned out thus far. Recently, Marilyn found us some adorable fire theme figurines to add to the room and I just love the touches they add as well (Fire boot shaped coin bank, Engine face picture frame and a fire hose wrapped clock). The only thing I lacked was the blanket/quilt that a dear family friend is making with the above fabrics.

Today I got a wonderful phone call from marilyn telling me that Diane needed me to go on facebook and look at the fabric layout for the quilt so she could get ready to sew it. I was so excited. I quickly got on facebook and this is what I see.

Isn't it so awesome?!? I can't wait to see it all sewn together. The only thing that caught me off guard was that I didn't see my grey! So I asked Diane where the grey was and unfortunately heard she couldn't make it work with the pattern. She is going to do a white backing fabric which will be wonderful but I had to give her a hard time and suggest putting the grey on the back. I had to laugh at this point because Diane LOVES bright vibrant colors and prints. So my boring grey/white stripe fabric was not jiving with her interests. She did assure me though that she had worked the grey into the 2nd quilt...WAIT WHAT?!? 2nd quilt! I had no clue she was doing a second quilt. So after much prodding and teasing by me and marilyn, Diane laid the pattern out to show us and VOILA!!!
Now I feel so vindicated! I don't feel crazy anymore for wanting the grey. Look at the wonderful interest that it adds to the pattern! Oh my goodness I love it.

0 comments: