Ethan is 10 weeks today and officially slept through the whole night for the first time last night. We put him in bed around 7:30pm and he slept till 6:40am...but didn't fully wake up until 7am. We are so excited!
On a side note. I got a random email today from Parents.com with some information on how to help make your baby comfortable during the summer heat. The one thing I honed in on was the need to keep your babies hydrated during the summer months. Babies under 6 months can't have water and babies over 6 months can have a little. So it said the way to keep them hydrated is just to give them extra milk/formula. Now this wasn't the big news to me. The big news was that it said babies should take in an extra 50% in fluids from their normal intake during summer months. Normal intake it says is roughly 2 oz for every 1lb. So Ethan is 12lbs and should be getting on average 24 oz a day. Well what do you know...that's exactly what we feed him. So a 50% increase would put him at 36oz a day. Holy crap! No wonder I feel like this kid acts like he is in a constant growth spurt! Maybe he just needs more fluids than we "think" he needs because he isn't staying as hydrated. I don't stay in the house very well and we are on the go a lot. So he is in his carseat and probably sweating off some of his fluids. Poor kid! Ugh. Being a parent is a constant learning process. I wish kids came with a manual. I'm so thankful for the little tips and helps the Lord does send along the way to help us out.
7 years ago
1 comments:
Gee, how did you kids survive my mothering. I didn't have any of these tips. :)
Post a Comment