7 years ago
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Sleeping Free
Ethan's sleep sack has been such a life saver for us...until he learned how to roll to his belly! Yesterday he rolled to his belly numerous times and got stuck there. He just didn't know how to roll back so I had to roll him back over. We feared he would do this in his sleep and suffocate so we had to take the leap and let him sleep unswaddled. He did much better than expected and fell asleep within 45 minutes without too much fussing. He did wake once in the night and whined some but went back to sleep. I knew the real test was going to be his naps. He surprised me for his first nap and fell asleep really fast but this was right as the thunderstorm was moving in and we had some super loud thunder that woke him twice. After the second wake up we were done. The rest of his naps were down hill from there. Tonight at bedtime we had more of the rolling to his belly and I thought once his arms were free from the sleep sack that he would be able to get himself back and forth...yeah not so much. He rolled over twice and couldn't figure it out. I ended up having to rock him a bit to calm him down and he ended up falling asleep in my arms. uggh...I can't wait till he figures it out and sleeping is easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment