CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

10 Weeks

Today Alli will be 10 weeks. There really isn't much new going on since last week. We are continuing to improve in our routine. I still struggle with giving Alli a consistent wake up time. This is my fault but fortunately it doesn't appear to be affecting her right now. She is such a good sleeper that I take advantage of her sleeping in every morning. Her routine right now is going kind of like this:
Wake: between 8-8:30 (feed)
Nap: 9:30
Wake: between 11-11:30 (feed)
Nap: between 12:30-1
Wake: between 2:30-3 (feed)
Nap: 4
Wake: 6 (feed)
Nap: 7
Wake: between 8:30-9 (Bedtime feeding)
Bedtime: between 9:30-10
**Then my sweet Angel sleeps through the NIGHT!!!** She had been getting me up once around 2 for a diaper change and then again sometime around 5 or 6 to be reswaddled, but she always went right back to sleep. Two nights ago though, I woke to her starting to cry. I got up to let Mitzi out to go to the bathroom and by the time we got back upstairs she had fallen back to sleep. She slept completely through the night and less than 10 weeks old. I'm so proud of her. This schedule has really helped her to develop a great sleeping habit. She really doesn't fight sleep. I don't have to rock her to sleep. We can put her in the crib awake, swaddle her and usually she puts herself to sleep without any further assistance. Sometimes she needs to be soothed or given a pacifier. But most times, even if she is over stimulated and needs to cry out some energy, she goes to sleep within 10 min. and we don't hear another peep.

The only downside lately is that she doesn't sleep well in her car seat. This causes problems whenever I need to run errands in town. It inevitably ruins one of her nap periods and she seems to be thrown off the rest of the time we are out. She used to sleep so well during car rides. Now if she wakes up after a brief nap, then she'll sit there in the car seat and just look around.

Her laugh is really starting to develop too. I love her smile and laugh. Actually one of my favorite things lately is to watch and listen when Ben is playing with her. I love to watch them interact. Ben is such a good father and she just adores him!

0 comments: