CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 9, 2009

I love saving money!!!

Ok well I'm on this couponing kick (thanks to wonderful Julie!). I spend a lot of time on southernsavers.com if any of you are interested. I went to publix today and got some great deals. Every week Publix has B1G1 offers. I shop mainly for these items and couple them with coupons to make the savings that much more. Publix also double any coupons less than $0.50. They take manufacturers, competitors and in store coupons on the same item. You can really save some money if you are able to find coupons in all those ways. My savings would have been much more today if I didn't get a few splurge items that were not on sale or B1G1. Here is how it breaks down:
Splurge items - Avacado, seasoning, Toilet Paper (was on sale but didn't have a coupon with me to make it much better in $)
Total price before sale items and coupons: $88.98
*In store advertised savings: $28.94
*Store Coupon: $5.14
*Vendor Coupon: $8.50
Total Savings: $42.58 making my Total Cost: $46.40 - - Almost 50% in savings!!!!

So for $46.40 I was able to get 32 items. Not bad! The great thing is that they are really every day items. The thing that frustrated me when I got started was that most sales fell on items that I wouldn't use every day. But this shopping trip worked perfectly! This gives me hope that I will be able to cut our food budget in half!

1 comments:

Linda Love

Way to go! I buy so little now that it hardly seems worth the trouble, but you are working it.