CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Still don't know

We still haven't heard anything about the driver position yet. They were supposed to fill the positions before a training class for the new tower truck that was coming in this week. Well that training was postponed because the truck wasn't ready yet. Today capt. and his sidekick lieutenant went around to all the stations passing out packets to all current ladder drivers for the training on this truck. They were teasing Ben and asked him, "So are you going to be a ladder driver or what?" Ben says, "I don't know...you tell me. You guys know." Of course they denied knowing anything but we're pretty sure they do. Ben asked them if they were taking the packets over the station 1 where there are 2 guys who applied that Ben feels are shoe ins. They asked why they would take them over there and Ben says, "Because those guys got the positions." Capt. and Lt. laughed and said, "Ben do you know something we don't? They haven't been promoted yet." Then Josh, the lieutenant, starts asking Ben a lot of questions about his previous driving experience like what he drove and where. Ben really feels like they know but all the information they would give up is that they will probably tell everyone this coming week. They want the promotions finalized before the new guys start on the 2nd. We're really praying he gets this promotion even though its a long shot because they have decided not to do any further promotions for quite a while due to budget strains. So here's praying.

Ok...so we have taken up a new trade...not by choice but by need....Dog Grooming! Mitzi really needs to be groomed every couple weeks and it was costing us $45. That's more than I really want to spend every 2 months. So for what it would cost us to get her groomed about 2 times, Ben bought a set of dog clippers and we tried it out. She really doesn't look half bad. She was not amused with us trying to clip her but she gave in after a while and let us do our thing. Here's the best I could get as far as pictures go...she's very frisky and won't hold still for a picture.

We gave her the traditional cocker cut. She's been all one length through the summer to keep her cooler. But now she will be sporting the short on top and long on sides look! She's so cute.

Ok, so Ben's birthday is coming up. He doesn't ever check this blog so I'm safe posting this here. His cousin gave me this idea and I wanted to see if you guys think its a cute idea or if its just a silly nicknak.

Her idea was to put a picture of Alli on one and maybe a picture of me and Ben on another. What do you guys think?

5 comments:

Mangum Life

Definitely unique - I like it.

The Haddock's

Hmm very unique it is. I have seen them before but just not to sure for a guy. I like it a lot though.

Shannon Hairr

Very cute!! Would he wear them?

Smith1230

i doubt he'd wear them...maybe on key chain

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi

So I am thinking he got the freak'n promotion!! hehe... but I'll keep praying.

Mitzi looks cute, love the traditional cut and traditional cocker spaniel frog leg floor pose..hehe, reminds me of Reba.

I like the dog tags! I think that is a cool idea. I guess depending on how big they are I don't see why he would not want to wear them. Hmmmm maybe not..? I think Ben always been a one ring and no other "jewelery" kinda guy.So I guess he might not. .....it's cool though.