CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 14, 2009

Alaina Gail














Ok well I'm just so excited about another niece so close to home that I HAD to post about miss Alaina Gail that was born today. She was born around 11:30am 7lbs 1 oz 20 inches long! Everyone is well and happy. We are so excited for Rusty and Shannon. I can't wait for Alli to get to play with Alaina.

Then in just a few short weeks, baby Carter, Don and Ashley will be moving to Winchester and we'll get to see much more of them. So many babies...love it! The holidays are going to be so much fun.

In other news, Alli had such a hectic day tagging along as we picked Caitlin up from school, took her to the hospital, then came home and took Ben some dinner at work. So by the time I got her home she was so squirmy in bed. She was still being swaddled at night to help her sleep without her arms flinging everywhere. Well tonight she was in bed for an hour squirming so badly that she ended up at the top of the crib near the rails. So I took her out of the swaddle and I am going to see how she does sleeping unswaddled. Wish us luck!!! I want her to be able to sleep without being swaddled so I hope it goes well.

**UPDATE** Ok well it took her an hour to fall asleep unswaddled and giving her the pacifier back twice. Once day I'll ween her of the pacifier but right now what does it hurt? Once asleep, she's done great. She would wake every hour or so while I've been up and squirm a bit but then go back to sleep. Around 9pm she laid in bed for about 5 minutes playing with her feet. I went in just a few minutes ago to check on her and to put the afghan on her that mom made for her. I was worried she would get cold tonight without any covers but I didn't want her to smother herself if she wakes in the night and starts playing with blankets. So I figured the afghan was a good "holey" compromise. haha. So here is a picture I took from my phone of her sleeping so peacefully! I'm so proud of you my little Alli girl!

3 comments:

Lindsey

lol I had to laugh at your "holy" comprimise. I am still laughing:)

Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon Hairr

Caitlin loved her paci and we took it away around 18 months with no problems. Now if I could just get Alaina to eat! :)