CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

For Shannon

Shannon asked to see what sewing projects I had been working on, so here they are. I was invited to a baby shower this week and I wanted to make some burp cloths that I had seen a tutorial for. It was a simple straight line stitch and I thought, hey...I can do that! So I went to hobby lobby and got some cute blue and brown fabric. I backed the burp cloths with a solid blue soft flannel material. I love how they turned out.
This shows the back side...
Then another project I wanted to do was create some tab blankets or snugglies. Alli has fallen in love with a small 9in x 9in blanket she received at the baby shower. I can not find its duplicate anywhere!!! She doesn't like the ones that have a stuffed animal head attached to them. So I've tried to duplicate it here with some soft plush material. I'm not sure she's won over yet by my new blanket for her. I just need her to have another blanket so I can wash the one she LOVES so much! So here are some I made in yellow.
This is showing the other color I bought to make - seafoam green....I tried to make them gender neutral colors. As you can see this color isn't finished yet....this is why I still have your sewing machine Shannon. Let me know if you need it back. I swear I'm almost done. ;)

2 comments:

Shannon Hairr

Thank you for posting! Now I need links to the tutorials. Cause I want to try some. Look adorable and pretty easy to do!

Shannon Hairr

PS I LOVE that minky fabric!!!