Shannon (and anyone else who cares) here is the Tutorial.
Mom gave me a few helpful hints before I started this though. Since you are sewing right sides together, make sure to cut the excess fabric from the corners before you flip it. This will help you get your corners to point when you have the right side showing again. Another thing mom said might be a good idea: once you flip it back where the right side is facing out, you might want to repin around the edges so that your seems lay flat. Then sew a top stitch all around all 4 edges. This will help your seems lay flat without having to iron them every time after washing...and seriously, who wants to iron burp cloths??!??
Also if you make the tab blankets (Which I basically did the same way as the burp cloths), I would suggest using two different materials. If I did it over again, I would use the soft fabric on one side and a pattern fabric on the other. The plush fabric stretched very easily and it made it very difficult to keep my blankets square. I ended up having to adjust as I went and it was a pain!!!
Also another thing I've learned. NO sewing project is a 15 Min. project...I don't care what they say. haha the time it takes to cut the fabric, pin it and then sew it just doesn't add up. Granted, I made more than just one of each so it took longer but still...I spent hours on these little boogers.
P.S. mom now has your sewing machine. She is going to hem a shirt and then she's done. I think she is going to chuck her sewing machine out the window! :)
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment