CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My crafty sewing project

I found a tutorial a while back on how to make a dress for an infant/toddler from two bandannas. I've wanted to make this for some time but needed to learn how to sew. So mom and I headed to hobby lobby and found some cute bandannas and today we sat down to figure out the tutorial I had found. Here are tree of the bandannas I got. I also got an American flag themed one.
We start by placing right sides together and pinning down the side, except for a small area where the arm holes will be.
Here is the pinning at the top where the ribbon will run through. At the end you gather the ribbon and it creates the arm holes.

Finished products
So cute!
The best thing about these dresses is their versatility. I love that they are dresses right now but can be shirts later when Alli is older. We measured one up against Caitlin and even at 5 years old she could wear this as a shirt!!

4 comments:

The Haddock's

These are just too cute. I love theidea. Something else you should try to sale.

Gabrielle and Frank

ADORABLE!!!! What size baby do you think they would fit up to?

Smith1230

Gabby the fit her right now at 10 months and it is long on her. So it would probably stay a dress for up to 18 months or even 2 yrs. After that it can be worn as a shirt for older girls. My 5 year old niece can wear it now as a shirt.

Linda Love

We had so much fun making these. The colors turned out so pretty with the ribbons.