CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Eek # 9

Alli and I were sitting in the truck tonight waiting on Ben to come back (he was getting dinner from 5 Guys) and I realized that Alli looked like she had yet another tooth! Sure enough on the bottom right she is getting one of her big teeth in. This might explain some of the cranky sleeplessness lately....or not...but anyway we're excited because this means she'll soon be able to start chewing food so much better.

Well we've been hard at work lately painting the house. We've painted the spare bath upstairs a pretty green color. It looks very close to Alli's bedroom. This wasn't on purpose but it all works out. We painted it based off a color we liked from our bathroom towel set. Well when it was color matched...it didn't get matched close enough so it looks horrible with the towel set...but we still love the color and it goes well with the set of towels we had from the other bathroom....

So next we painted our master bath a really pretty serene blue color. I love it!!! I need to figure out what to do as far as towels...I'm thinking white and grey/silver....not sure. We'll paint the master next...Not looking forward to moving all our bedroom furniture for this...but it does give us an excuse to do a good deep cleaning...
Today we had painters come and paint our stair way. We knew we wouldn't be able to do that with the high ceilings. The painter was our neighbor down the street (Wall Painting - Scott Wall). They did an awesome job! They are probably going to also paint our downstairs rooms as well because they will be able to get it done so much quicker than we can with Alli bug running around. The color in the main living area and hallway is a pretty chesnut golden brown color. It's warm and inviting. We like it. Here is a picture I took with my phone when they finished. Excuse the bad lighting. Now that the paint is up, we think we are going to need to paint the hand rails white. The current stain on the handrails is going to clash something horrible with the chesnut.
I almost forgot there's more to update on. My former boss Paul contacted me this past week and said it's go time...which means, the job he's been promising me for 2 years has finally come to fruition. The only difference this time is that now I'm a full time mom and I don't want to job he and I initially discussed so when I quit 8 months ago, Paul asked me if I would be interested in part time day work running the MSLT studies. I said to check with me when they got all the kinks worked out and I'd let him know. I never thought it would really happen because they've been talking about it for 2 years and it was only just talk. Well they finally got everything worked out and they are putting a lab in Murfreesboro at the new hospital in an adjacent building. So Paul contacted me about 2 months ago and offered me the job. I said yes depending on pay. He said he'd get back to me. So this week he offered me a $2 pay raise from what I was making when I quit (which is pretty much what I was hoping for since I'm part time and won't be on their insurance, etc. etc.). So I said sounds good...let's go. So now I have to go back through all the ridiculous hospital orientation hiring process. I imagine the lab will be opening in the next month or so. Marilyn is looking forward to getting to watch Alli once if not twice a week...I'm looking forward to being able to help bring in an additional $1000 a month if not more. When we sold my car and worked off one vehicle this summer we were able to knock out SOOOOOO much debt. It was a true blessing and this part time job will help us kick out Ben's truck payments. We will probably have to get me a car soon after starting my job but we will see how long we can go without having to do this. Anyway...that's life as we know it. Fun times...