CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 28, 2010

My 2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring

After being contacted by Paul about starting my new job, we knew we would eventually need to get a second vehicle. It would be pretty difficult (without help from our wonderful family) to make it work on one vehicle. So we set an ideal budget and decided to start looking around. We found some good options but nothing floored us. We grew to really like the Nissan Muranos. They are really good little cars. We had a horrible time finding something in our price range though that wasn't 100,000 miles. I also test drove a Dodge Nitro....believe it or not...I liked it. It had its own flaws and well...we decided against it. So we kept looking....and looking...and looking...to the point I was tired of looking. So I gave up on the idea for a bit, knowing we weren't in a hurry to get a vehicle just yet. I knew something would come around. Then yesterday Ben wanted to go get the new wheels and deals that was released. We looked through it and Ben found a Kia Soul and jokingly told me this was the car for me. I was pretty adamant against anything Kia. I looked at it later and said, you know...I kind of like how it looks. To me it looked like a bigger version of a mini cooper. It had extremely low miles for a 2010 and was $500 away from our budget, so we said hey lets go test drive it...So we did...wow...disappointment!! The car had no guts!!! It fought to go up the hills and turns around hickory hollow. Yeah no thanks. While at the dealership Ben saw the Mazda CX-7s on the lot and said they looked nice. I told him that I had seen some before when we first started looking but nothing in our price range so I kept looking. He wanted to look inside and then he test drove one. I think he was pretty sold on the vehicle after that. It drove much like the murano, had many of the same luxury features of the murano but for a newer car it cost much less. We thanked the salesman for his time and went home to do some more research. Not long after we got home, Ben found my car...It had been sitting at the BMW dealership off 100 Oaks for 7 weeks with no takers. This car was pristine. They had reduced the price $3000 trying to sale this car! We were in love with it before even taking it out on the road. I test drove it since I hadn't earlier....WOW...the turbo in this car is awesome. I'm going to have to watch it on interstates. Anyway, we love it, here it is. (Oh and thank you to all the family who has offered rides and support while we were at one vehicle and the offers to take me to work if we didn't get a vehicle before that. It was greatly appreciated and we love you all.)
The car has a look of luxury to us...without the price of it.

0 comments: