CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Is Silence a Bad Thing??!!??

Yes, if I walk into my garage and I hear nothing....it is a very bad thing. I walked into my garage this afternoon to get something out of the freezer for lunch and that's why I heard....silence. Normally we have a box fan running just to keep air circulating, and the freezer is also running....this afternoon, neither were running....I saw on the floor by the freezer a liquid had pooled slightly out in front of the freezer....ugh...not a good sign. I knew at that point that I had just lost a lot of money in food. Sometimes the outlets in our house will shut off if they get too much of a surge of electricity. It has happened a couple times to the outlet in the garage where the freezer is plugged in but we've always caught it in time to not have had to loose any food. Unfortunately, this time was different. Absolutely everything was thawed. Thankfully, it was all still very cold but not frozen enough to be able to refreeze the meat. So my day turned into a cooking day. I had to cook all of the meat I wanted to save so that I could then safely re-freeze it. So I cooked 12 chicken breasts....
and 3 pounds of hamburger meat.
yeah rahhh...
Unfortunately I did have to toss a bag of tilapia, bag of veal steak, steak, and pork chops. I just couldn't cook it all. I also had to throw away some meals in a bag (since there was so much water, strawberry juice, blood...etc in the bottom of the freezer)....

I'm so glad that it is all done and over with. We're going to have to keep an eye on that freezer...I don't want to have to go through that again.

0 comments: