CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Grandma Mary Montella

We have known for some time this day would come but it doesn't make it any easier. Today we lost Ben's grandmother on his mother's side. Mary was one of the sweetest women I believe I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I still vividly remember our Thanksgiving trip to Las Vegas in 2006 for her 90th birthday. I was a little nervous to meet so many of Ben's family all at one time. As soon as we walked into Aunt Marlene's home, Mary lovingly welcomed me with a hug and a wonderful conversation. I loved her immediately. Ben has many wonderful and fond memories of his grandmother. He had the pleasure of visiting her often while on his mission in Vegas. He and his companion would go over to her house probably once a week or so for dinner because Mary wasn't a member and they taught her the discussions. We love her, and even though we will miss her in this life, we look forward to being with her again one day!