Then a day or two later I was leaving the house and I must've spooked the bird because she went flying out of the planter. I took the planter down off the hook and sure enough she had rebuilt her nest, but now she had 3 little eggs in the planter. One was already a cast off because it wasn't even down in the nest. But there were two that momma was patiently sitting on trying to get them to hatch. So I knew at this point it was either let my plants die or remove the nest again and possibly kill the baby birds by disturbing the nest. I wasn't about to kill birds....so death to my plants. So I did not water my plants any more and a few days later the eggs hatched and you could hear the baby birds chirping for food. Then over the next few days you would see momma and another bird (I assume daddy), alternating feeding the babies. It was kind of fun to watch the process. I'm surprised at how quick those babies grew. It was only a matter of a few days to a week. Then today I go outside with Alli and see that one of the babies is sitting up on top of the soil and out of the dug out nested area. I thought, well the babies are starting to get stronger and braver. So I put Alli down safely inside the house and decided to get pictures.
Here is baby bird in the midst of my dead plant
The second baby made it out of the nest and was chillin on my rocking chair. Again, this bird could care less that Alli and I were 4 feet from it and making noise. I went inside and put Alli down for the night. When I came back out to water, both babies are now no where to be found. They have spread their wings to fly. :) I thought they were cute and just wanted to share.
0 comments:
Post a Comment