CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 30, 2010

After 9 months....do I remember how to do this??

Well after my 9 month absence, I returned to work. Today I shadowed a co-worker to learn the protocols for the day studies I would be performing. I knew the procedure for the studies but I wanted to walk through one with another tech to feel confident being on my own. I was initially hired to work at the Murfreesboro lab that we have opening up. This lab is still under construction and should be done in a month or so. In the mean time, my employers have purchased a lab in Hermitage. They were in need of a tech to run MSLT studies there as well. So I will work both facilities. At the Hermitage lab it will just be me and the front desk receptionist....so I better be confident in what I'm doing... I'm quickly being thrown to the wolves next week because I'm scheduled for two days. It's nice to get back into the field of sleep after 9 months. I really was beginning to feel like I was forgetting things. While its not the same kind of test I was doing over night, it is still in the field that I love and it will be nice to keep my skills sharp.

As a side note, I just want to put a plug in here that Ben is ONE class away from having his Associates in Fire Science!!! YAY Ben I'm so proud. Maybe we'll have a party when he's done. I know he's excited! He won't take much of a break because after he finishes his Associates he is moving on to his B.A. Bring it!