CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lake and Park Playtime

We have had one BLEAK and MISERABLE summer...we have been begging, pleading, praying for mercy from this heat...finally we have it. This past week has been truly amazing! Thank God for Fall and Spring to give relief from the extremes of Summer and Winter. Alli has been sick for a week with an ear infection and then I got a sinus infection at the same time....so once we were on the mend, Ben asked me what we wanted to do on our day off....I wanted out of the house to enjoy the beautiful weather. So off we went to the lake. We enjoyed a small packed lunch lakeside and then we took Alli closer to the water to see what she would think.
Ahhh the lake...it's really pretty, but the knowledge that it is a man made lake with houses at the bottom doesn't instill the sense of serene pure beauty.
As we thought, Alli LOVED the water. She wanted to get in...completely in!! She ended up getting mad at us at the end because we made her quit playing in it. HAH she was getting soaked.
See....she wanted in!
So off came the shoes and rolled up her pants.
Lovin' life
I think we will be enjoying nature hikes and camping trips in her future.
After the lake we took Alli to play at the local park now that she's a little older and bigger than she was during the spring. This picture of her in the swing cracks me up. Look at that face.
We let her play in the smaller kids play ground set and she was drawn to this mock plane cockpit. She loved turning the "steering wheel." (ok really...a steering wheel for a plane...someone was confused when they made this design....and I know it was supposed to be a plane because of the propellers painted on the front!)
BUBBLE!
Daddy took Alli down the slide...fun times
WHHHEEEE!
What you are supposed to slide DOWN the slide...I thought it was meant to crawl UP.
ooh silly mommy made me slide down...
Happy face


I love her!
Needless to say, we had fun. I love the Fall! We hope everyone else is able to get out and enjoy this beautiful weather as well...oh and I ordered Alli's Halloween costume. She's going to be a white tiger . I saw a posting about costumes on sale for as low as 6.99 at buycostumes.com . So I was able to get her an adorable costume with good reviews for the same price I'd pay here locally for something that looks cheap. yay!