CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 18, 2011

It's finally open and My little model

Well as of this week, the long awaited day has arrived. The lab in Murfreesboro is officially open. They have run studies 3 nights this week. I toured the lab on Tuesday to familiarize myself with my surroundings before I run any studies. Then I received an email on Wednesday afternoon asking me if I could make it Friday for a photo shoot at work. They were getting some new pictures for the marketing brochures for all three facilities (Baptist, Hermitage and Murfreesboro). I asked mom if she wouldn't mind to tag along to help distract Alli so I could do this photo shoot. They needed me since I was the day tech for Murfreesboro.

So we headed down there this morning and right as we walk in the door, we walk in on the photographer taking pictures in the front lobby. Immediately he is taken back by Alli and starts taking pictures of her. I was thankful I had dressed Alli nice today! The photographer and our marketer just kept going on and on about how adorable Alli was....of course I'm biased, but I agree :). We showed mom around the lab and waited for them to need me. Then the marketer pops in and sits down to have a chat with me. He says, "So Ashleigh was telling me that the facility also does studies on pediatric patients. (I knew where he was going with this) How old is your daughter?" I laughed to myself and I told him that she was 19 months. They then asked me if I was open to maybe taking some pictures with Alli in one of the patient rooms. They wanted to showcase that our facility works with pediatric patients. I agreed based off the knowledge that we would only do what she was comfortable doing and once she was upset...that was it, we were done. Little did I know my daughter was a HAM!

We sat her on one of the beds and I knelt in front of her trying to interact as if I was her technician. She didn't like me being in front of her and being on the bed all by herself. So I sat on the bed with her but she kept trying to climb in my lap and hug me. So I pulled the headbox and wires off the wall and sat them in front of her. I showed her the wires and let her play with them. This is very similar to what I would've done anyway with a pediatric patient to try to get them comfortable with the wires so it worked like a charm. She sat there and felt the wires and ran them through her fingers. The photographer LOVED it! It gave them exactly what they needed. I bet he easily took 50 pictures of her today...if not more. They got some of me by myself at one of the computers...acting like I was reviewing a study...I HATE acting...it feels so cheesy.

Not only are these pictures going to be in their marketing brochures but they are also updating the website...so I'm curious to see what they choose for each. I will post a link to it once it is updated. We'll see how our little model worked out.

3 comments:

Linda Love

She was seriously adorable that day.

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi

How fun!! I want to see these pronto! :D

p.s. I might be bias too, but she really is a CUTIE! We make good looking babies! :-P

Smith1230

I wish I had them. i don't think I will get copies. I will probably only see them once the website and brochures have been made.