CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Quick post

It's late but I had to post this really quickly before I forgot it. As Alli gets older and develops more independence, we've been dealing with some minor power struggles to show mom and dad are still in charge. This mainly came into play recently at bedtime. We had about 6-7 nights where we had to insist on 7pm as bedtime and crying wouldn't mean you got to stay up longer and play. Well finally one night after persistently pursuing our schedule, we had a break through. Alli and I said our goodnight prayers and then as I was holding her she leaned over to lay down in my arms. I asked her, "are you ready to go night night and lay in your crib?" She then leaned rolled and pointed towards the crib. So I took this cue as a possible answer that she was ready to go to bed. I was fully anticipating her to stand up and start to cry as soon as I laid her down. I was so wrong. Instead, she laid there calmly and let me cover her with her blankets. Then she did something I wasn't expecting. I told her I loved her and she blew me kisses. It caught me off guard but it has now become a new tradition. Normally she would only blow kisses when asked, so to blow kisses unprompted was very sweet. So every night now we ask, are you ready to go night night and then we exchange kisses. Then last night and tonight she added one more cute thing...she now also tells me bye! LOL

She woke up screaming around midnight from what I can only assume was a bad dream. We snuggled and when I put her back in bed she blew me kisses and then said bye bye. haha so cute. Good night everyone