It's a wonderful thing to be able to watch the Lord's blessings unfold right in front of your eyes. I've not been getting many shifts at work lately, and the few that I did get canceled or didn't qualify. Ben's been getting a great deal of shifts this month which has been wonderful. We have Daniel and Meagan coming in town with their family next week so Ben didn't take any ambulance shifts for a 4-6 day period. Now normally this wouldn't be a big deal but Ben is also about to go through some additional schooling and had to not take any extra shifts on later in September too. It's nice to see his shifts evenly spread out so you know there is that extra money coming in a some money can still go to savings without being paycheck to paycheck....So it's been so reassuring to see the last two weeks as my shifts for August went from none to 4. The downside is that at least one of these shifts will fall while Daniel and Meagan are here. Hopefully it won't hinder us from visiting.
All is well...I'm 10 weeks today. I was reading over some blog entries from back when I was pregnant with Alli and it was funny to read about some of the dreams I had. I had a dream last week that wasn't very funny but it didn't shake me up. I was at the Dr. office for a check up and we were going over some blood work. Dr. R was telling me that some number should be closer to 400 and I was at 1 so I should be miscarrying any day. I told him, no I think that's wrong because I feel fine. We argued about it but he was very matter of fact and the appointment was over. I then try to find an ultrasound tech to do an ultrasound on me to check on the baby and the heart beat. No one will do an ultrasound...
That was pretty much the dream. I woke up thinking that was weird, and went back to sleep. We then two days later, I get a phone call from Dr. R wanting to talk about some of my blood work...after having had that dream so recently, my heart immediately sank. Then when he started telling me about the blood work I realized it wasn't anything to worry about yet. When we got the blood work done, I asked what all they were testing for. One of the things we tested for was whether I was a Cystic Fibrosis gene carrier. They explained what that meant and the low odds of probability that both Ben and I have not only the gene but the gene with the same mutation. There are over 1000 CF gene mutations and you have to have the same mutation to run the risk of passing it on to your child potentially giving them CF. So the next step they wanted to take was to test Ben. So we have to wait at least another week to get those results. We aren't concerned because the odds are so low that we would both be carriers but it is what it is and either way, this child is a blessing from God and will be seen as such.
I'm trying really hard to be good about my diet but I'm failing miserably. I really don't want to get gestational diabetes again but it's really hard when I'm craving so many sweets with this pregnancy! So I'm looking forward to cooler weather coming in the next few weeks (hopeful thinking) so that I can get out with Alli and take some walks. Exercise is one of the best ways to void off gestation diabetes...so time to get active.
We hope everyone has a great weekend.
7 years ago
2 comments:
ps-For both of my pregnancies all I did was eat sweets! I didn't get GB. So what does that mean?
Your body just has a higher threshhold than mine did. I will get diabetes easier than you will. Your body must produce more insulin than mine did. I didn't produce enough for me and baby. A lot of times it comes when you are overweight because you have more body mass, but my threshhold was so low that it didn't matter that I had only gained 17 lbs with Alli...
Post a Comment