CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Night 1

We ran out of time yesterday to move Alli's room around and did the switch this afternoon. Alli loves her bed which is helpful but this summer has been disastrous for her sleep schedule. We haven't had a consistent bed time for at least 2 months. So the last few weeks putting Alli to bed in the crib have involved a lot of crying and us having to walk out of the room to let her soothe herself. I knew that the new bed would add an extra level of emotion for her.

We continued out regular routine but as soon as we got close to getting her in bed where we sing songs she lost it and cried. We sang anyway and told her we loved her. We told her to go lay in her bed and we left the room. It was so hard to leave her unhappy but I can't rock her to sleep. Alli has never been a child who liked rocking. We watched her on the monitor and although she isn't happy, she went straight to her bed and hasn't moved. I'm sure it won't always be this way but we hope she will eventually find peace and comfort with the new situation and enjoy bedtime. I don't think it's easy for any toddler.

So here are some pictures of her new room layout.

Here is the other room/nursery. I'm so excited to be able to fit the rocker/recliner in with the baby room!! Once we know the gender, then we can paint and finish decorating. I still need to move all of Alli's things out of the changer table but I'm not immediately worried about that.

0 comments: