Tonight I made Veal steak, Macaroni and one of the steamfresh lightly seasoned Asian Medley veggies bag. I knew Alli would eat the macaroni and possibly the veal steak. I get Alli's plate ready without the veggies and then she started shouting and pointing at the bag of veggies. So I pull out a carrot and give it to her. Now she hasn't eaten carrots since I fed her from baby food jars. I've tried steamed carrots and raw carrots. She's had no interest in any of it. Tonight she devoured them. She also ate some sugar snap peas and a few bites of broccoli. Alli has NEVER touched either of the last two foods. We steam broccoli all the time and she NEVER wants it. Tonight was a miracle! I'm so glad to see her starting to branch out in her interests. We've really made some headway lately by letting her see us eating veggies without offering them to her...and then she wants them because we are eating them and she doesn't have any on her plate. Last week the same thing happened when we grilled some veggies. Ben was eating some of the veggies and Alli showed interest. So he offered them to her and she ate nothing but grilled zucchini and grilled mushrooms for about 5 minutes. I'm hoping this phase lasts. Here are some pictures of her being goofy at dinner.
7 years ago
2 comments:
Reverse psychology works!!
hah the funniest part though Shannon is that we didn't do it on purpose. We kinda gave up some nights trying to give her veggies. We would give her a break and then try them later and might be able to get her some. We haven't worried about it because we give her a multivitamin each day. So the new reverse psychology was a pleasant surprise!!
Post a Comment