CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 24, 2007

Change is good

Last night I worked for the first time without shadowing James at Baptist. It was a nice feeling to be on my own, on another new software yet I had 4 other people there to bounce ideas off of if I needed them. My studies went really well and I was pleased with how it all turned out.

I was a little bummed this week because in a two week period I had less than 40 hrs on my winchester pay check. We have really slowed down on studies. This is not good for my pay check. Marilyn told us that we are dropping back to two days a week. This means that at best I will have 24 hours a week unless I come in some during the week and make up hours. This is a major cut to the paycheck. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to supplement our budget with money from baptist. I wanted all of that to go to savings. I hope that we will pick back up and my paychecks will level out.

I was also a little nervous that I might not get as many hours as I wanted at Baptist. Paul told me that they have a budget for each month and once they get close to it, they push patients to the next month, which means no excess of patients for me to come in and work if I wanted. But today I got an email from Paul asking me to work on Tuesday. I had originally told them that I would work it so we could get my TB test done. Then I decided that I really didn't want to do it because it took time away from me and Ben. I had my TB test done here and I was only going to work Sunday night of this week. Paul then emailed me today and told me that one of my coworkers was in the hospital sick and asked if I could work. Ben and I thought about it and both of us felt impressed for me to work.

Then I got a call from Paul a little later. He was offering me a full time job. They feel as though I have a good energy and jump in whenever I am needed, such as helping Tuesday night even though I didn't really want to work. I told him that I really only wanted to work the Sun-Tue shift. Paul said that is a coveted shift and that he thinks he can get it for me. They just wanted a time table as to when I could come on full time. I told them that I just cannot commit yet. I have to remain dedicated to the lab here so long as I live here. He understood and we have an under the table understanding that he will try to get me on full time as soon as we know if we are moving and when. They want to do whatever it takes to get me in there full time. I never thought I would be liked so quickly in a job. It is nice and reassuring that I can play in the big leagues. :) Whenever I move, they said that they think they can keep me at the same pay scale just without the mileage reimbursement. Sounds good to me :).