I'm really getting quite sick of Winchester...and so is Ben.
Ben almost quite his volunteer department the other day. He is tired of them questioning him on things when he is the one with the greater knowledge and training. He gets so frustrated.
We just had a conversation about his coworkers at work. He is the only one at work who does not complain about their spouse. One tells his wife to shut up...that he is tired of hearing her speak so he won't have to listen to her for 3 days....one keeps talking about the inevitable divorce he and his wife will have because they view things differently...it's such a defeatist attitude. They expect the failure of the marriage...or don't find the joy of talking and confiding in their spouse. Ben mentioned to them that he can't understand where they are coming from because we don't fight. Sure we have disagreements and arguments but a full fledged...fight...never had one. We made a promise a long time ago never to yell at one another, never to let a disagreement go unresolved. They laughed at him and said our marriage was still in the new stages...I really don't think that makes a difference. I really feel its a choice you make. Anyway...ranting.
I'm slowly getting tired of work here as well. People don't seem to have a lot of faith in our lab. They appear to have almost given up on it. It makes me wonder why I work so hard to make sure everything is right. Why do I work so hard to look out for this lab? Why have I put a guaranteed full time job on hold at a great facility who recognizes my strengths and wants me there for a place where people are just getting burnt out on the work? Why...because I'm loyal to my in laws...and its biting me in the you know what.
I think I'm going to give this area a named attitude...it's called the "redneck attitude." I've met so many of these people who's philosophy is just to give up. There is a redneck boy here who has a speech impediment. He went to one day of speech class and decided it was too hard and quit. Seems to be a theme for him. When life gets too hard, he quits. That is the way people are around here...
Gosh I need people with hopes and aspirations. I need people with joy in their life. I need people who are uplifting and who find a joy and love from their spouse. I need people who can strengthen me....not tear me down. This place is depressing enough... Please, please, please....SMYRNA needs to call Ben today!
7 years ago
1 comments:
I hope they call soon too. I heard the other day one of the church member firefighters told Rusty they have 17 on the short list for the first 13 jobs and Ben is on this list. Then there will be more jobs when the other firehall is completed. I know the waiting is very stressful.
You may be right about the defeatist attitude in the area. However there are a lot of people everywhere who aren't willing to work on their marriage, job whatever. If it is hard the answer is to quit. It is too bad. The same thing contributes to the people who don't want the US to be at war. It is too hard, they whine. They just can't see that some things are worth going to the wall for.
Post a Comment